Stories can change our lives.
To be a keeper and teller of stories is considered a sacred “job” in cultures that recognize a closeness with nature.
It is a job with repercussions on the long memory of self, family, culture, planet, and cosmos. Every telling gives the storyteller an opportunity to reenter the living stream of memory: to re-story in deep collaboration with our ancestors.
Awakening ancestral consciousness means continuing to come into awareness of how we are interacting with—and part of—this living stream. We are not the boxed-off, rational entities that civilized modernity tells us we are. Our ancestors have come before. We have come before. We have always been a part of nature. Our ancestors have always been a part of us.
I invite you to join me in a process of recovering our natural connection with the ancestors of our world. I invite you to explore telling stories in relationship with the ancestors. I invite you to explore that deeper level of engagement with memory, story, language, creativity, and art that is in service to our human and nonhuman ancestors—our human and nonhuman worlds.
These writing circles are for you:
• if you have been wanting to attune to the ancestors
• if you have stories from your family, lineage, or culture asking to be received and told
• if you would like to approach writing as a ritual
• if you have wondered how an ancestral perspective might change your patterns of relationship, health, financial flow, and connection to the mystery
• if you would like a community to connect with as your stories emerge
With deep respect and an open heart, each month I will guide you into a place of listening, receiving, and mutual support. All ages, beliefs, genders, genres welcome.
The circle will meet in person at a private residence in San Francisco. You can also participate online via Zoom (please pre-register by noon of the day). Suggested donation: sliding scale $15-30 pre-register, $25-40 doors.
• Sunday, December 3, 3-5pm PST
• 2018 dates TBA
REGISTER HERE: https://goo.gl/forms/OMB37Hx98cy7QAVL2
Email email@example.com with questions.